United Financial Services Group
Financial Services Franchise
United provides valuable services to people who prefer to manage their money on a simple cash basis. According to the Federal Reserve Board’s Survey of Consumer Finances, nearly 13% of families in the U.S. did not have a checking account. This survey also indicated that the majority of these consumers are “un-banked” by choice. A recent report by Dove Consulting for the U.S. Department of the Treasury reveals that about 11,000 check-cashing outlets in the United States cash more than US$60 billion worth of checks annually. Consumers cashing these checks are typically blue and white-collar workers that make their living in retail and service industries such as restaurants, hotels, auto repair, landscaping, daycare and line manufacturing. United centers meet this demand for convenient cash management by offering better hours and more accessible locations than a typical bank. We cash their checks, with no holds while it clears the banking system, for just a couple of pennies on the dollar. We also assist them in paying their bills, wiring money and a host of other financial transactions.
Is this the right business for me?
Our most successful operators enjoy the benefits of being in a community-based business. They understand the value of providing their customers with prompt, friendly and courteous service. They also recognize the importance of offering a full array of financial services beyond just check cashing. To get started, our franchise candidates must have a net worth of at least US$350,000 with liquid cash of at least US$70,000.
United Financial Service centers provide a wide array of vital services to consumers seeking an alternative to traditional banking relationships. Our franchisees operate clean, bright, safe retail centers designed to create a community-bank atmosphere, and they build strong customer relationships by providing the type of friendly service not usually associated with today’s banks.
A Brief Look At The Franchise:
The United management team brings over 100 years of collective industry experience to the franchise. The company has been franchising its concept since 1992 and has a proven track record of successful franchisees.
United provides a turnkey operation that includes:
- Assistance with site selection
- Project management of the build-out of your location
- Two weeks of comprehensive training at our
- National Headquarters
- One week of hands-on training at your location
- Regional Field network for business development and marketing support
- Development, testing and roll-out of new products and services
- Toll-free technical and operational support
- United Financial Service centers require very few employees and virtually no inventory. Our system has proven to be safe, reliable and repeatable. United Financial Service centers are typically located in suburban strip centers or regional shopping malls. Our site selection strategy seeks highly visible locations in busy retail areas.
Products and Services
- Check Cashing
- Government Benefits
- Insurance / Legal Settlements
- Commercial Checks
- Tax Refunds / Rebates
- Money Orders
- Utility Bill Payments
- WESTERN UNION® Money Transfer
- Pre-Paid MASTERCARD® Debit Cards
- Direct Deposit Services
- Pre-Paid Phone Services
- Notary Public
- Tax Preparation & e-Filing
- Fax and Copy Services